Want to get out on the water?
There is no better way to see the Rappahannock River than by kayak or stand-up paddle board. We have various models and sizes for nearly every paddler.
*We are now in our off season and rent kayaks and SUPs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! Our last day of rentals is Labor Day. Call to reserve your gear.
Where do we rent kayaks and boards?
We rent kayaks and stand-up paddle boards at Riverfront Park in Downtown Fredericksburg, Virginia. The dock is in the heart of Downtown – perfect to enjoy lunch or drinks after your paddle.
Our dock is located on a beautiful stretch of the Rappahannock River on tidal waters. It is the perfect spot to put in and take out. In this area of the river you will see several noted historic landmarks and various wildlife.
If you have another destination in mind then you are welcome to take our gear to a location of your choosing. There is great water surrounding our region and fun places to explore on a kayak or stand-up paddle board.
Should we call in advance to reserve gear?
We prefer that you reserve your rental kayak or board in advance. Our gear is very popular and we may be booked, especially on the weekends. Just give us a call to schedule your kayak or boat rental at:
River Rock Outfitter: 540-372-8708
What are our rental rates?
|one-hour||full-day (8hr)||weekend (2day)|
|Stand-Up Paddle Board||$15.00||$50.00||$100.00|
Rental includes a personal flotation device (PFD) and paddle.
We can also offer special deals for large group rentals. Just give us a call to check pricing.
Am I eligible to rent?
In general, we rent to customers 6 years of age and older; but, have the right to refuse rental to customers who do not meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to swim. Even though each renter will receive a PFD, an incident may occur where the kayak flips over or you fall off of a SUP. In these scenarios, you must be able to calmly locate and retrieve your gear and get back on or in your gear or swim it to the dock for assistance.
- Must be large enough to fit into a youth PFD (at least 30 pounds) or small enough to fit into an XXL adult PFD.
- Must not be intoxicated or in any other way impaired.
- Must have the physical mobility to access the dock in Riverfront Park (steep embankment) and get in and out of a kayak from a stationary dock.
- Anyone 18 years of age or younger must have a legal guardian present to complete the rental agreement (waiver).
What happens if I need to cancel my reservation?
We do not provide refunds for any reason. If you need to reschedule your reservation then please provide us with advance notice. If you notify us in advance of the cancellation then we will gladly roll your reservation over to another day and time of your choosing.
The Rappahannock River is a wild river and fluctuates in height and flow rates. Should we need to cancel your reservation for weather or safety-related reasons then we will notify you. While we do not provide a refund, we will reschedule your reservation.
Things to consider:
We rent from a stationary dock located in Riverfront Park. Our staff is well trained to assist you in entering and exiting the dock; however, there are things that you should keep in mind.
- The dock at Riverfront Park is not ADA-compliant and presents challenges for anyone with mobility issues. Give us a call if you have any concerns regarding use of this dock. There are other alternatives in the city if this dock does not work for you.
- Whenever paddling on the Rappahannock River, we always recommend closed-toed water shoes or shoes with a sturdy sole (i.e. Chaco).
- The river is very exposed and can get hot during the summer months. Make sure to wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and a sun hat. We also recommend that you bring a reusable water bottle with you to stay hydrated (32oz is perfect for a 1 hours paddle).