Thru-Hiking & Camping Expert
I wake up each morning itching to get on the trail and I always find an excuse to hike. My trail name is “Violet” and I am a thru-hiker. I have been hiking my whole life. It started off small with local trails, battlefields, day hikes and gradually I worked my way to longer hikes. I solidified my love for the trail when I completed the Appalachian Trail in 2014. In July of 2016 I completed the Tahoe Rim Trail in California and Nevada and in 2017 I went trekking in Nepal! I have many goals for future hikes; including discovering more local trail systems and heading back west. I am wildly dreaming of the Everest Base Camp! My dreams include hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and the completing the Camino de Santiago. In the meantime, I enjoy my role as a River Rock Outfitter Instructor, planning sponsored events for our customers and charities. I am here to provide inspiration, serve as a guide, establish friendships, and just have fun with my fellow hikers. I look forward to embracing every sunset, sunrise, sunburn, and fall with you. I can’t wait to see you on the trails.
- AT Thru-Hiker (2014), Tahoe Rim Trail (2016), Nepal (2017), Lone Star Trail (2018)
- Certified Hiking Guide through American Hiking Guide Association
- Wilderness First Responder through NOLS
- CPR/AED/Child/Infant Training though NOLS
- Winter Survival Training through AMP
- Leave-No-Trace Trainer through PATC
- Member of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, Pacific Appalachian Trail Club and Rails-to-Trails
- Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (19,340′)
Meegana is the only certified hiking guide in Virginia and we are beyond fortunate to have her right here in Fredericksburg.