- This event has passed.
SUP 101: Getting Started
June 3 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am$65.00
The Rappahannock River is hopping with SUP users. No surprise since it is the countries fastest growing sport!
So, what are you waiting for? This is great course for first timers or those looking to learn the basic skills of stand-up paddle boarding.
This course includes all the gear you need to get out on the water.
You will learn:
• How to properly fit yourself for a board
• How to properly carry a board
• Understanding necessary safety considerations
• How and where to stand on a board
• Conducting basic strokes and turn
• Conducting simple self-recovery
What should I wear?
Even if the air is warm the water can still be chilly. Plan accordingly, especially in late fall and early spring.
What should I bring?
When out on the water staying hydrated and protected from the sun is a MUST!
• Water bottle
• Sunglasses with a retention strap
• Dry bag for phone/wallet/keys
• Required medications
• River shoes (shoes that can get wet, smelly, and will stay on)
Policy Note: We are always excited to get our customers outside and enjoying our XP Academy course offerings. Each course is tailored made for your specific needs and goals for the sport. Since we offer private/small group instruction, our instructors’ schedules are busy. Please be considerate of their schedule and make sure you arrive for your course on time. Course payments are non-refundable. Your instructors will work to reschedule your course if a cancellation is made at least 48 hours in advance of your scheduled course time.