- This event has passed.
River Safety and Rescue Skills Training
July 8 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$30.00 – $85.00
The American Canoe Association (ACA) River Safety and Rescue workshop teaches essential boating safety; recognition and avoidance of common river hazards, execution of self-rescue techniques, and simple rescues of paddlers in distress. Emphasis is placed both on personal safety and on simple, commonly used skills. Fundamental techniques for dealing with hazards that carry greater risks for both victim and rescuer, such as entrapment, and pins, also are taught.
- Promote proactive prevention of river accidents and injuries.
- Develop and practice key self-rescue skills.
- Identify and avoid river hazards by understanding hydrology, hazards, and river features.
- Focus on fast, low-risk strategies for early management of river accidents
- Practice methods for recovering swimmers, and loose boats and equipment
$85.00 with your own gear
$30.00 extra to rent a kayak, PFD, and paddle