Favorite Campfire Recipes
Primo Mac & Cheese
- 1 Box Velveeta Shells and Cheese, Kraft Deluxe, or other Macaroni and Cheese with a premixed sauce packet
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli or fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup cubed cheese
- 1 cup crushed Ritz or saltine crackers
- Optional ingredients:
- 1 can Rotelle tomatoes and peppers
- 1 stick of summer sausage (cubed)
- Boil water and then add pasta and let boil for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add broccoli and boil an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Strain, properly disposing of water.
- Add cubed cheese and any optional ingredients and stir well.
- Top with crushed crackers.
Before you go, boil the pasta until done and dehydrate it in a dehydrator or oven to cut down on cooking time. Spread tomatoes and peppers on parchment paper and dehydrate to cut weight.
3 Bean Chili
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can great northern beans
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 can/bottle beer (optional)
- In large pot or hot Dutch oven, sauté onion, garlic, and carrots in olive oil until lightly browned.
- Add all canned ingredients, water, and chili seasoning.
- Add half can/bottle of beer and if of age, drink the remaining half.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over tortilla chips and top with cheese.
You can use a dehydrator or oven to dehydrate all the canned ingredients. Drain the green beans and corn, drain and rinse the black and great northern beans, and spread onto parchment paper before drying. Pre-cook the carrots and roast the garlic before dehydrating. Skip the soup and instead put 1 can tomato paste into a piping bag and squeeze out coin-sized medallions onto parchment paper to dehydrate. Then to cook simply cover all the ingredients (only use about a teaspoon of seasoning) with boiling water and let sit for a few minutes.
Nalgene Bottle Banana Pudding
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 package instant banana pudding
- 1 cup Nilla Wafers
- 1 banana (optional)
- Add water and powdered milk to a Nalgene bottle and shake until mixed.
- Add banana pudding mix and shake for two minutes.
- Crush Nilla wafers and shake on top or stir in.
- Slice banana and spread on top (optional).
What more can I say? This is delicious!